[rules-users] Compiling drools-examples

baloodevil dukekujo at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 22 15:20:52 EST 2013

Newbie question.  I've imported drools-examples project into Eclipse (Kepler)
(which has GEF installed).  I resolved build path errors by creating folders
src/test/java and src/test/resources.  I resolved another issue by adding an
External JAR of org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.10.0.v20131029-1755.jar to the
project.  (Those two changes allow me to create a new Drools Hello World
project and execute, however no such luck with complete examples)  There are
hundreds of Drools Errors and hundreds of Java Problems, which I assume can
only be because of setup issues.  The first Drools error is
"ArrayList is a raw type. References to generic type ArrayList<E> should be
parameterized	AdventureFrame.java
/drools-examples/src/main/java/org/drools/games/adventures".  That file
shows an import problem with
"import net.miginfocom.layout.ConstraintParser;" and "import
net.miginfocom.swing.MigLayout;".  Those are referenced in the pom.xml file
in...
    <dependency>
       <groupId>com.miglayout</groupId>
       <artifactId>miglayout</artifactId>
       <version>3.7.4</version>
    </dependency>

I don't know where to go next.  Complete Drools newbie, and also fumbling
around with Eclipse.