[rules-users] Drools templates header arguments

petert peter.j.troelsen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 05:43:36 EST 2013

I am working on a project, using templates to generate all my rules. I have
one problem though, I wanna parse my arguments to the template as a
ArrayList, and do somthing like this:

template header

 ruleId
 args

package dk.prks
import com.poc.entity.Bill;
import com.poc.entity.BillLine;
import com.poc.entity.Description;
import java.util.ArrayList;

template "01"

rule "@{ruleId}_@{row.rowNumber}"
  dialect "mvel"
    when
      $bill : Bill ($line : lines) and
      BillLine( service == @{args.get(0)}, $lineNr : lineNr) from $line and
      BillLine( service == @{args.get(1)}, lineNr < $lineNr) from $line
    then
      $bill.setColor(1);

end

end template
However, this is not possible. Furthermore I want to stretch that
performance is an issue, and i want the generated file to only contain the
values from the list, and not make any look ups in the array when running my
rules