[rules-users] Drools 6 Unable to build index of kmodule.xml

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Nov 25 08:04:25 EST 2013

Turn it into a maven recognised JAR, manually place a pom.properties in the JARs META-INF. You don’t need to convert it to a maven project, with a pom.xml in the source, or build it with maven.

Then look at the build/deploy/utiize example "4.2.5.6. Default KieSession from File"
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/6.0.0.Final/drools-docs/html/KIEChapter.html#KIEOverviewSection

pom.properties:
A pom.properties file, located in the archive in META-INF/maven/${groupId}/${artifactId}/pom.properties

The fiel contents contains 3 lines:
version=${project.version}
groupId=${project.groupId}
artifactId=${project.artifactId}

If your company restricts you from placing a single pom.properties in a jar, you’ll have to manually build a KieModule at runtime - similar to the old pragmatic KnowledegBuilder code. See "4.2.5.10. Programaticaly build a KieModule using Meta Models"

Mark