[rules-users] Drools 5.5.0 - Execution Performance

ch3xy igor.strilic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 05:34:19 EST 2013

Thanks for your fast reply ...

I did not retract the facts after each cycle, I inserted the facts within
the loop and fired rules afterwards ... but i repeated the test with fireing
rules and retract facts for each cycle -> the effect is the same ... the
elapsed time is nearly the same (about 2 sec for 600 facts) and it gets
faster after the first loop cycle

Working memory was in Identity mode (which is default) but I also tried with
equality ... same result
I changed mode this way:

RuleBaseConfiguration ruleBaseConfiguration = new RuleBaseConfiguration();
ruleBaseConfiguration.setAssertBehaviour(RuleBaseConfiguration.AssertBehaviour.IDENTITY);

should be correct or am i wrong?

BatchExecution resulted in about 2 sec total time as well ... so it seems
there is no difference ...

It would be great if the rule engine somehow learns over time and assertion
gets faster but I am still not sure whether this is because asserting same
instances of facts