[rules-users] Guvnor 6.0.0.Final: How to assign package and category permissions?

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 04:29:29 EST 2013

Drools Workbench 6.0 doesn't support the same granularity of permissions as
Guvnor 5.5.

Drools Workbench supports user permissions at the Organizational Unit,
Repository and Project level: users either have access, or do not.

You can use the kie-cli-config tool to add required roles to the foregoing
logical entities; and assign roles to users using whatever mechanism suits
your runtime container.

For example, if you're using the AS7 distribution you can assign roles to
users with adduser.sh within AS7's /bin folder.

We will add the ability to assign roles to Organizational Units,
Repositories and Projects through the UI in a future release.

In Guvnor 5.5 the "deployment unit" was a proprietary PKG file generated
from individual packages. Drools Workbench 6.0 uses JAR (which equates to a
project) as the deployment unit.

If you wish to restrict access to different packages you should split your
rules etc into different projects; setting up dependencies between them as
you require.

With kind regards,

Mike