[rules-users] Traverse object chain from Guvnor

rockford ken.helmes at iprocesses.com
Fri Oct 4 03:26:11 EDT 2013

I am working on a risk scanning application and evaluation Drools / Guvnor
for the application.

The rules will be written to check messages with structure like:
<message>
    <attribute>value</attribute>
    <attribute>value</attribute>
    <levelTwo>
         <attribute>value</attribute>
         <attribute>value</attribute>
                <levelTwo>
                     <attribute>value</attribute>
                     <attribute>value</attribute>
                            <levelThree>
                                  <attribute>value</attribute>
                                  <attribute>value</attribute>

The desired value to check would be something like:
message.levelTwo.levelThree.attribute - where levelTwo and levelThree are
objects from a list.

I know that this is possible using drl/mvel/java, but I am wondering if this
will work with Guvnor UI?  We have several users writing tens of rules and
the users don't necessarily have the technical ability to write drl style
rules.

Does anyone know of a way to do this with the Guvnor UI?

Ken