[rules-users] Inconsistency in the Guvnor rule editor and the Eclipse plugin editor

Rushabh rushabh_mehta at intuit.com
Tue Oct 8 22:09:00 EDT 2013

Hi I have been trying the eclipse editor and the Guvnor rule editor(Technical
rule) and I see that there are some inconsistencies in them for eg: Lets say
I want to call a Java method call */max/*

In the Guvnor I can write it likewise

import java.lang.*
rule "Java"
when
	#conditions
	acc:Account()
	Account(bal<max(10,15))

then
	#actions
	System.out.println("Got it");
end

Pay notice to the max method here, if I write the same rule in the Eclipse
editor I will get an error saying that cannot resolve Account.max() method.
I have to include the entire package name even though I include the import
statement like so :

Eclise plugin version
import java.lang.*
rule "JAva"
when
	#conditions
	acc:Account()
	Account(11<java.lang.Math.min(bal,15))

then
	#actions
	System.out.println("Got it");
end

Can anyone help me understand why this difference in behavior.

Thanks.