[rules-users] classloader issues

Kiru Pakkirisamy kirupakkirisamy at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 02:01:52 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I am able to run the sample in Eclipse. But when I try to run it in my server, I get classloader issues.
Basically, I am trying to use Drools inside HBase coprocessor code. The coprocessor code is loaded from a jar on hdfs.
But the rules engine does not seem to be able to use its parent classloader to load the classes it needs.Instead  if I put my code on  a jar file and put it in the server classpath it works "ok" but still not good,  as the class Drools wants is loaded by two different classloaders (one from hdfs) and the other one is using the jar files in the classpath of Hbase. Do I have add any other dir name so that the generated code classes can be picked up as well.
I am using .5.5 final.

Regards,
- kiru

Kiru Pakkirisamy | webcloudtech.wordpress.com