[rules-users] Drools Concurrent Execution causes Blocked Threads

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Sun Sep 1 07:30:28 EDT 2013

This is happening in a MVELPredicate, i.e. an eval. The ASM based JIT we do is not used for predicates (I think, @mario will confirm), so it will use stock MVEL. MVEL is defaulted to work in reflection mode, hence the reflection optimizer.  It has an ASM optimiser, but there were issues with that, so we hard coded it to safe reflective mode. So right now there isn't much you can do.

I'd recommend you create a minimal unit test, that demonstrates the issue with assertions (so that it clearly identifies the issue, and tracks regressions), and submit it as a pull request. Please make sure you do this against 6.x
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.5.0.Final/droolsjbpm-introduction-docs/html/gettingstarted.html

Mark