[rules-users] JBPM : Need solution with SwimLane

Zahid Ahmed zahid.ahmed at emirates.com
Tue Sep 3 00:46:52 EDT 2013

Hi Mauricio,

Thanks for the details. Could u please suggest a possible solution to make it work (Preferably with swimlanes).

One solution in my mind was to keep the Id of the assigning manager and group in a process variable. ManagerUser task will have actor and group attributes as follows.

1.       Actor => #{piManager}

2.       GroupID => #{piProcurementManagerGroup}

Flow 1
When for the first time flow comes to the ManagerUser, the #{piManager} will return an empty String "" and #{piProcurementManagerGroup} will return the groupId = "procurement".

a.       #{piManager} = ""

b.      #{piProcurementManagerGroup} = "procurement"

In this flow the task will be assigned to the "procurement" group and will be available to claim.

Flow 2
When flow leaves ManagerUser task it will populate the value of #{piManager} and will clearOff the val;ue of #{piProcurementManagerGroup}. So values will be as follows

c.       #{piManager} = "alex_manager"

d.      #{piProcurementManagerGroup} = ""

Now when the flow comes again to ManagerUser after submission from SubOrdinate UserTask, the task will be directly assigned to "alex_manager" user. As group is empty and there is only one user left for assignment, task will be directly assigned to "alex_manager" in RESERVED status.

NOTE : I was hoping to have a simpler solution without having to implement this logic in script variables or in process definition.\

Regards,

Zahid