[rules-users] What is Drools Kie ?

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 05:00:07 EDT 2013

Hello,

KIE - Knowledge Is Everything - is effectively the umbrella term for Drools
6.0 (including jBPM and Drools Workbench - which used to be called Guvnor).

KIE introduces a new API for Drools Expert 6.0 that is based on the concept
of Maven projects and JARs.

Uberfire itself is not part of KIE nor Drools; Uberfire is a standalone
web-based Workbench, VFS and more. It can be re-used by anybody seeking a
framework to build web-based Workbenches.

Drools Workbench uses Uberfire and details of how it fits into the bigger
picture is covered here:
http://blog.athico.com/2013/06/goodbye-guvnor-hello-drools-workbench.html

The Drools Blog also contains a plethora of KIE / Drools 6.0 posts.

With kind regards,

Mike