[rules-users] What is the defect tracking process for Drools Community Edition

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Fri Sep 6 11:00:28 EDT 2013

That sounds like a bug I came across a little while back.

A bug in my code, not Drools. ;)

If you create listeners and attach them to a session, then of course, you need to remove them manually. The session will have references to them, so they can never be garbage collected.  It's the same with any callback model.

However, if you do find an actual bug, you can raise it here: https://issues.jboss.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Note that unless you are paying for support from JBoss, then you won't be getting a patch from them. If they fix the bug, then it will most likely be available in a later major binary release. And there will most likely be new bugs in that release. If you want a patch for Drools (community), you need to get the code and build it yourself.

Steve