[rules-users] Insert, fire, then retract from consequence

Jonathan Knehr jonathan.knehr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 10:59:39 EDT 2013

I am wondering if I can insert a fact, fire all activated rules, then retract the fact all in a rules consequence.

I have similar behavior using the API that I'd like to be able to do inside a rule, as well.

The idea is that once all the rules that cause activations get fired, it gets retracted immediately. This is so that we don't have to have cleanup rules all over the place, and have to ensure that the salience is set correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone