[rules-users] Is there any limitation about the length of attribute's name when declare type in drl file

richie haoruiqian at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 03:13:37 EDT 2013

Hi all,Is there any limitation about the length of attribute's name when
declare type in drl file?

I encountered a problem these days, I declared a new type in rule file, when
fire rules, it always throw java.lang.ClassCaseException: test.obj cannot be
cast to test.obj. As I inspected, this is caused by the length of an
attribute's name is too long, it's 35 characters, if I remove this
attribute, there's no exception.

Following is snippet of my rule file:
package testdeclare obj at propertyReactivetype : Stringname :
Stringattribute_name_too_long_reach_limitation: Booleanendrule "a"dialect
"mvel"salience 0no-loopwhen$obj:obj(type == "a")thenmodify ($obj) {name =
"abc"};end