[rules-users] Drools 6.x and Custom Operators(Evaluators) and Accumulators - Using them as regular functions?

mattmadhavan mmadhavan at facs.org
Tue Aug 5 17:41:18 EDT 2014

Hi Mark,
My apologies if I am not clear with my question. I am looking for a way to
create and use my own custom evaluator. (I know its similar to custom
evaluator)  I have a written a custom eval operator called *inlist* that
will look to see if the left hand is in a range of values as follows: This
function again encapsulates a very powerful RegEx utility method my
co-worker created:

when
  customer:Customer (cancerType == "THYROID"  && age *inlist *(10-20, 30-
45, 50, 52,  57-60)

Note that this works only for Drools 5.3, I could not make it to work for
5.6 due to API compatibility.

And I have no idea how to implement this in Drools 6.x. (I used to spring to
configure this)

I doubt I am the only one out there who has a need to write a Custom
evaluator.

Another question is if I follow the sane syntax as the custom accumulator -
can I use the function on the right hand side. How do I get my operands etc.

I appreciate your help in advance!

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Matt'M