[rules-users] .NET WCF unable to deserialize response from Drools Camel Server example 6.2.0 snapshot

Clark Wilson wilsonch0 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 17:10:51 EDT 2014

Sorry about incremental updates, but I think it's important for me to say
that the WSDL XSD looks okay.

The full SOAP message that Drools server sends is like this:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
   <SOAP-ENV:Header/>
   <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <ns1:executeResponse xmlns:ns1="http://soap.jax.drools.org/">
         <ns1:return></ns1:return>
      </ns1:executeResponse>
   </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Notice the "return" element that contains the CDATA chunk that contains the
message contents. That matches the WSDL XSD. It *seems* that .NET is trying
to apply the WSDL XSD to the CDATA chunk. So instead of recognizing one
"return" element (which is actually in the message) it sees an XML chunk
containing a "result" element and a "fact-handle" element but no "return"
element. Perhaps we can fix it by changing the data contract(s) for the
response. Dunno. But the WSDL XSD seems to match the actual message.

Clark