[rules-users] drools verifier problem

Toni Rikkola toni.rikkola at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 02:10:37 EDT 2014

UnknownDescriptionException happens when the Verifier is not up to date
with the latest changes made in Drools core. In this case looks like
there is a new descr in core called MVELExprDescr.

This is not fixed in 6.1. If you have a fix and please do a pull
request. Just in case somebody else is suffering from the same problem.

Since the Drools rules have become more complicated, it has gotten way
too hard to use Verifier to pick up rule redundancy, but I know few
people are using it to write their own rules to Verify the rule bases
they maintain. Just simple rules that help them to do code reviews.

Toni Rikkola