[rules-users] Drools Fusion (CEP) & event life cycle

Ephemeris Lappis ephemeris.lappis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:19:55 EDT 2014

Hello.
Indeed, I have tested with the @expires and the objects are discarded in
this case. What I had understood in the documentation is precisely the
other way that the engine is expected to control the events expiration :
"Inferred Expiration" (8.8.2), when no temporal constraint involves the
objects, they are discarded.
This seems the best way to be sure to eliminate as soon as possible all
the useless objects, whatever their life time. This is particularly
important with flows of thousands of events per second.
Perhaps I don't understand this well... Another idea or advice ?
Thanks for your help.
Regards.

Ephemeris Lappis