[rules-users] permgen leak

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Jan 6 09:08:44 EST 2014

On 6 Jan 2014, at 13:36, brachi <brachi.w at sapiens.com> wrote:

> 1. when will you estimate that 5.6.0.Final will published out?
5.6.CR1 is out there, but we’ve not heard any reports of people using it. So we’ve no idea if it’s stable enough to push out, if we get enough people telling us it’s ok - we’ll push it.

Core developers are focused on 6.0 right now, so 5.6 will rely on community to test and fix it.
> 2. why did you add this dispose methods on the implementation and not on the
> interface, I don't want to cust the builder and kbase in order to dispose,
> can it be?
This was something done by Davide, I’m not sure it’s the best way to fix the problem. I believe it’s fixing the symptom, not the cause. As such we don’t want to make the fix public, it’s a work around. This is one of the reasons why we are also holding up 5.6 final, because I’d rather we fixed the problem.
> 3. It occurs also on 6.0.
What does? The issue for the kbase.dispose() is not needed on 6.0, as the class loader is different and simpler.

Mark