[rules-users] forall is satisfied when there is nothing?

Sonata plz.write.to at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 04:44:29 EST 2014

Hi, I am using the "forall" keyword on the LHS and it seems the condition is
satisfied when there is nothing to match. e.g. "forall (MyClass(value ==
"test"))" fires the rule when there is no MyClass() object in the working
memory. My workaround is add "exists (MyClass())".

Also, same for "not (exists (MyClass(value != "test")))", but I can
understand this, as there is no MyClass() object, it doesn't exists and
hence "not" gives true.

But for "forall", it doesnt sound right to me. I wonder if "forall" is
actually implemented as "not exists" in the engine.

Please clarify if this is by design or a bug. Build is 5.5.0.Final

Thank you