[rules-users] Drools 6.0.1 xstream marshaling via camel config not working

jroman roman.jesus at wanadoo.es
Wed Jan 8 10:58:52 EST 2014

Hi all,

I am not sure if I have met a bug in kie-camel-xstream marshalling (drools
6.0.1). The use case is:

Java client: MiniRESTClient.java
- Build a list of commands, group them under a BatchExecutionCommand and
send them to a camel route.

Camel route: camel-client.xml
- Marshal the commad, send it to a drools server and unmarshal the result.

The problem is that the marshalling part seams to fail with:

It seams that the xstream marshaler is building a java.util.ArrayList
instead of the expected org.apache.cxf.message.MessageContentsList

The funny thing is that, if I explicitly do the marshaling in the java
client with:

And remove the

from the policy definition no exception is thrown and the client-server
communication works as expected. Besides, I have the reverse policy in the
server side and there is no problem there.

Am I doing something wrong?

I think I have attached everything needed to test the case:  my_tests.zip
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4027607/my_tests.zip>

Thanks for reading down to here and for any help you could provide.

-----
--
jroman