[rules-users] Using both Drop Down(Enumeration) and Text Field for a field in guvnor

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Mon Jan 13 06:52:56 EST 2014

Of course, you could just create multiple get/set methods for an attribute.

String myConstraint;

getPredefinedConstraint() {
    return myConstraint;
}
setPredefinedConstraint(String predefinedConstraint) {
    this.myConstraint = predefinedConstraint;
}
getUnrestrictedConstraint() {
    return myConstraint;
}
setUnrestrictedConstraint(String unrestrictedConstraint) {
    this.myConstraint = unrestrictedConstraint;
}

Then you can define an enumeration for the ‘predefined’ constraint and not for the ‘unrestricted’ constraint. That way your users can choose to define a constraint on a random value of their choosing if they feel that they know better.

This whole idea does rather defeat the point of enumerations though...

Steve