[rules-users] KnowledgeAgent fallback FROM local cache?

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Jan 15 13:03:42 EST 2014

URLResource caches things to a given location, that can be controlled via  system property, and has a default. In theory once cached, it should be able to read from the cache without Guvnor being needed to available - even after restart. Look at the CACHE_DIR, and how it’s created and used:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/blob/5.6.x/drools-core/src/main/java/org/drools/io/impl/UrlResource.java

There are some fixes in 5.6, related to last read times, which may fix the issue you are having.

If the issue continues it’s unlikely we’d fix this, unless it becomes a product requirement. 5.x is now in maintenance, so things will only be fixed if paying customers request it.

This is not an issue in 6.0, as we use maven and the local m2 repo now.

Mark