[rules-users] Drools 6.0.0 Camel-server query results

akjones33 akjones at email.com
Thu Jan 16 11:22:28 EST 2014

Hi all - I'm just getting started with Drools and trying to get my first
query running through Camel-Server using XML. I had expected that a query
would return the objects found, with their attributes as XML elements but I
only get an identifier.

The query is

query "depositAccept"
 	 dA: DepositAccept();
end

DepositAccept is defined in java as

public class DepositAccept {

    private String message;

    public String getMessage() {
        return message;
    }

    public void setMessage(String message) {
        this.message = message;
    }
}

In my XML batch execution command I have

<batch-execution lookup="ksession2">
  <insert out-identifier="person1">
     <samples.banking.Deposit>
       <accountNumber>1</accountNumber>
       <amount>1001</amount>
     </samples.banking.Deposit>
   </insert>
  <fire-all-rules max="-1"/>
  <query name="depositAccept" out-identifier="person2"/>
</batch-execution>

which gives me the response

<execution-results>
   <result identifier="person1">
      <samples.banking.Deposit>
         <accountNumber>1</accountNumber>
         <amount>1001</amount>
      </samples.banking.Deposit>
   </result>
   <result identifier="person2">
      <query-results>
         <identifiers>
            <identifier>dA</identifier>
         </identifiers>
      </query-results>
   </result>
   <fact-handle identifier="person1"
external-form="0:1:1485038299:1485038299:1:DEFAULT:NON_TRAIT"/>
</execution-results>

I take that to mean that "dA" exists (i.e. the query returns one object) but
I would have expected then to have the "message" attribute shown from the
DepoistAccount object that dA refers to. Is that possible ?

thanks