[rules-users] DSL: Unable to Expand Error - Even things that shouldn't be expanded.

SrjTx clickthex at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 20:04:15 EST 2014

I've done a couple DSL/RDSLR rules in the past with success.  Been trying to
create one today but get "Unable to expand" errors on validation on every
line, even with not substitutions.

What am i missing?

Here is a NON-DSL/RDRL file that works just fine.

5.	|	rule "AAA"
6.	|	    dialect "mvel"
7.	|	    when
8.	|	        $sep : DroolsSepBean( )
9.	|	    then
10.	|	        System.out.println("HI");
11.	|	end

Here is a DSL/RDSLR file that generates the errors below (note this is the
same code as above and nothing should substitute)  I even took out the $sep
assignment to make it more simple (it gives same errors if it's in there)

5.	|	rule "dsltest"
6.	|	    dialect "mvel"
7.	|	    when
8.	|	        DroolsSepBean( )
9.	|	    then
10.	|	        System.out.println("HI");
11.	|	end

18:42:57,396 ERROR [org.drools.compiler.kie.builder.impl.AbstractKieModule]
(http-/127.0.0.1:8080-2) Unable to build KieBaseModel:defaultKieBase
[8] Unable to expand: DroolsSepBean( )
[10] Unable to expand:          System.out.println("HI");