[rules-users] kContainer.newKieSession() fails in Apache Karaf

jhusby husby024 at umn.edu
Thu Jan 23 12:01:40 EST 2014

I actually looked through your example project yesterday; very helpful!!!
However, there are a few things I'm not sure are compatible with what I'm
trying to do.

1.  I need to rebuild the rules on the fly, so I was using examples from
the IncrementalCompilationTest.java
<https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/blob/master/drools-compiler/src/test/java/org/drools/compiler/integrationtests/IncrementalCompilationTest.java>
to accomplish that task.  However, those tests don't use a classpath
container... can I still rebuild a KieModule via runtime code when running
in a classpathContainer?

2.  Your example code calls .newKieSession() on a kbase object as opposed to
a kContainer object.  Is there a reason why?  If I create a new KieSession
from a kbase vs. kContainer, will I still be able to rebuild the kjar
dynamically in the code and keep using the same stateful session?

3.  It looks like I'll have to wait until Drools 6.1.0 to get the parameter
to specify a classloader when creating the container?  I see you just added
that recently.  I've tried using
Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(...) but can't seem to make
that work with Drools 6.0.1 in Karaf 2.3.3 because then
RuleBaseConfiguration sets the classloader and uses it to try resolving
org.drools.core.conflict.DepthConflictResolver, which it can't do because
it's no longer using the OSGi classloader.

Thank you,

Joseph

Charles Moulliard-2 wrote