[rules-users] Moves Defined from Current State

jonathan.labin jonathan.labin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 13:03:51 EST 2014

I'm using Optaplanner 6.0.1 and I'm having trouble defining a type of move
that I'd like to define.
In my domain, there may be an opportunity to split the value assigned to one
entity across two entities.  For example:
E1=5    could become E2=2, E3=3

The trouble is that in some cases this split can be performed more than one
way.  The above example could also be split to become E2=1,E3=4, ...

At the time that the Moves is created (and initialized with entities) by the
MoveFactory, there are values assigned to the entities but those values may
change and shouldn't be part of the Move (am I right about that?).

So when Moves are executed, the values assigned could be considered to
create a set of Moves based on the current state but aren't Moves already
created long before then?

Is there a way to generate moves based on the current state?  How do you
ensure they are not cached ore reused after that step?

Thanks,

Jon