[rules-users] packaging 'kjar' with kie-maven-plugin and src/test/resources directory

Matteo Mortari matteo.mortari at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 11:54:58 EDT 2014

Ciao, speaking of the kie maven plugin, can I kindly ask for a feedback
about https://issues.jboss.org/browse/DROOLS-495 , please?

I normally use src/test/resources directory to store test files for some
Unit test. Typically by "test files" I mean xml files, which get
un-marshaled and used for some additional testing of rule behavior. It
seems to me:
 - that setting in the pom.xml the <packaging> to 'kjar' does not make
these file resources available during the test phase.
 - setting the <packaging> to 'jar' solve the issue, but this exclude the
kie-maven-plugin from the maven phases.

At least this is my experience, as detailed in the Jira with reproducer,
and personally I'm currently using other not-very-beautiful means to
overcome the issue.

Just asking to know, thank you in advance.
(also "not a bug" or "reject" would be acceptable feedback of course)
Ciao,
Matteo