[rules-users] Drools slowness in first calls

Gael gael.weil-jourdan at prestataire.april.com
Thu Jun 5 11:48:01 EDT 2014

Hi,

We are using Drools for a heavy process and we notice some slowness during
the first calls to kbases (containing about 1500 rules each) using
StatefulKnowledgeSession.
Even if the kbase is "loaded", we need to make some "fictive" calls (fire
the rules with some facts) until it begins to respond within a reasonable
time. It's like we need to warm it up..

Any idea about what Drools does during this time?
Is there a way to programmatically launch these processing without the need
to have facts ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

NB : we use Drools 5.5.

Regards,
Gael