[rules-users] Embedding Workbench Docs Updated

Alexandre Porcelli porcelli at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 15:49:18 EST 2014

For those interested on embedding workbench editors/perspectives into your own applications, here is the doc related to it that I just pushed to our docs github repository:

Embedding Workbench In Your Application

As we already know, Workbench provides a set of editors to author assets in different formats. According to asset’s format a specialized editor is used.

One additional feature provided by Workbench is the ability to embed it in your own (Web) Applications thru it'sstandalone mode. So, if you want to edit rules, processes, decision tables, etc... in your own applications without switch to Workbench, you can.

In order to embed Workbench in your application all you'll need is the Workbench application deployed and running in a web/application server and, from within your own web applications, an iframe with proper HTTP query parameters as described in the following table.

Table HTTP query parameters for standalone mode

Parameter Name	Explanation	Allow multiple values	Example
standalone	With just the presence of this parameter workbench will switch to standalone mode.	no	(none)
path	Path to the asset to be edited. Note that asset should already exists.	no	git://master@uf-playground/todo.md
perspective	Reference to an existing perspective name.	no	org.guvnor.m2repo.client.perspectives.GuvnorM2RepoPerspective
header	Defines the name of the header that should be displayed (useful for context menu headers).	yes	ComplementNavArea

Note
Path and Perspective parameters are mutual exclusive, so can't be used together.

Regards,
---
Alexandre Porcelli
Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat Business Systems and Intelligence Group