[rules-users] Workbench on tomcat

john poole jdpoole at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 18:14:56 EST 2014

I'm sure I'm being dense, but I can't reconcile the readme instructions with
the file I see in the workbench app:

1. Copy kie-tomcat-integration jar into TOMCAT_HOME/lib
*Where is this file?

2. Copy jacc lib into TOMCAT_HOME/lib (javax.security.jacc-api in jboss
maven repository)
*What is the file name for "jacc lib" and where is it?

3. Add valve configuration into TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml inside Host
element as last valve definition
<Valve className="org.kie.integration.tomcat.JACCValve" />
4. Edit TOMCAT_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml to include roles and users, make
sure there will be 'analyst' or 'admin' roles defined as it's required to be
authorized to use kie-wb
5. Edit web.xml and uncomment all entries that are marked with
TOMCAT-JEE-SECURITY
*There are no entries marked with TOMCAT-JEE-SECURITY in that file.

6. Rename org.uberfire.security.auth.AuthenticationSource to
org.uberfire.security.auth.AuthenticationSource-ORIGIN and
rename  org.uberfire.security.auth.AuthenticationSource-TOMCAT-JEE-SECURITY
to org.uberfire.security.auth.AuthenticationSource
inside WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/services
*There isn't an "uberfire" folder under the "org" folder there.