[rules-users] OptaPlanner - best strategy for variable number of planning entities?

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 02:43:56 EST 2014

Without a construction heuristic, local search waste a lot of time doing
easy work.
No CH is like swimming 25 meter with LS.
CH with LS is like jumping 10 meters into the pool and then swimming the
remaining 15.
I've seen cases were it takes minutes for LS to make up for the work of CH.

> it seems to
> just end right away with an initial solution of "all sessions off",
Turn on debug and then trace logging to find out what's going on.