[rules-users] Some basic questions/assumptions on Drools Work-bench/Guvnor

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 15:26:32 EST 2014

6) Incorrect (well, almost.. read on). "Real time" would imply instant,
zero latency, whereas for many use cases "close to real time" is often
sufficient. If you read about KieScanner you will find you can have your
application poll for updates to JARs* at a frequency you so desire.

(*) There are certain caveats that relate to standard maven best practice;
for example if your JAR has a static version number (e.g. 1.0.0) you should
not be changing its content (wheras a -SNAPSHOT is expected to change).

7) Drools itself does not impose any SDLC; you can use whatever you wish.
Others who have used Drools in their applications may detail their
experiences.

Sent on the move