[rules-users] Drools in Glassfish 4 Ear

Joe White Joe.White at recondotech.com
Thu Mar 6 17:47:44 EST 2014

This is just an FYI for drools users. When deploying an EAR to Glassfish 4 we received an exception about Weld dependency injection.

org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DeploymentException: WELD-001408 Unsatisfied dependencies for type [Injector] with qualifiers [@Default] at injection point [[BackedAnnotatedParameter] Parameter 1 of [BackedAnnotatedMethod] @Inject org.sonatype.guice.bean.locators.DefaultBeanLocator.autoPublish(Injector)]

The solution that worked in our case was putting this setting in Glassfish:

asadmin set configs.config.server-config.cdi-service.enable-implicit-cdi=false

That solution is from this forum post (lots more detail there):
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/490794/

Took some time for me to figure out so figured it might help somebody someday.
Joe