[rules-users] setting consequence exception handler

kenneth.westelinck at telenet.be kenneth.westelinck at telenet.be
Fri Mar 7 07:59:13 EST 2014

All,

I want to configure my drools through spring (version 6.0.1). This is working fine, thanks to kie-spring. Now, I want to configure a consequence exception handler. In drools 5 this was configured like this:
        <drools:configuration>
            <drools:mbeans enabled="true" />
            <drools:event-processing-mode mode="STREAM" />
            <drools:consequenceExceptionHandler handler="com.sample.MyConsequenceExceptionHandler" />
        </drools:configuration>

For 6.0.1, after some debugging, I've managed to set it throught a system property:
    <bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.MethodInvokingFactoryBean">
        <property name="targetObject">
            <bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.MethodInvokingFactoryBean">
                <property name="targetClass" value="java.lang.System" />
                <property name="targetMethod" value="getProperties" />
            </bean>
        </property>
        <property name="targetMethod" value="putAll" />
        <property name="arguments">
            <util:properties>
                <prop key="drools.consequenceExceptionHandler">com.sample.MyConsequenceExceptionHandler</prop>
            </util:properties>
        </property>
    </bean>

I don't think this is the way to go however, so I'm wondering how to do this properly for drools 6.0.1.

Thanks!

regards,

Kenneth