[rules-users] Non Spatial Map Reduce

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 04:38:35 EDT 2014

It can. Good point.
That's multi-threading or multi-vm'ing the solver algorithm, not the
problem itself.
The second to last paragraph briefly mentions that too IIRC.

OptaPlanner will support this (hopefully for 6.2)
without breaking incremental score calculation:
   https://issues.jboss.org/browse/PLANNER-76
The difficulty is not breaking incremental score calculation,
which performance loss is far greater than multi-threading/vm can gain.