[rules-users] Guvnor Building packages - Built-in selector - Status

Jens jalejos at matson.com
Wed Mar 12 16:35:31 EDT 2014

Hello everybody,

We are using Guvnor 5.3.0 Final.

So far we have built our rules packages without any built-in selector or
custom selector at all. It might be requested by business to only deploy a
subset of our rules inside a specific package.

We are thinking in using built-in selector by Rules Status. However, Guvnor
does not validate any Status selector entered by the user against Rule
Status created through Administration module. If the user makes a mistake
and enters an invalid Rule Status in the selector, there is no error or
warning provided, and what happens is that nothing is packaged and all rules
are cleared out from our working memory in our app.

Is there any way for Guvnor to validate that only valid Rule Statuses are
entered in the built-in selector Status textbox?

Thanks

Jens