[rules-users] Too agressive scanning of classes in KieModuleMetaDataImpl

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 05:22:18 EDT 2014

The messages are produced as a consequence of your project's dependencies.

For example:

Verification of class
org.hibernate.metamodel.source.annotations.JandexHelper failed and
will not be available for authoring.
Please check the necessary external dependencies for this project are
configured correctly.

This is caused by failure to effectively instantiate JandexHelper (see
here <https://github.com/droolsjbpm/guvnor/blob/master/guvnor-project/guvnor-project-builder/src/main/java/org/guvnor/common/services/builder/Builder.java#L212>).

If a class cannot be instantiated then it is not available for rule
authoring. We show the warning to alert the user.

The Project Editor only exposes course grained features for the
average user. You can edit the underlying pom.xml, adding whatever
fine-grained exclusions you may require, for your project using the
Administration Perspective.

There are some occasions when you receive an error popup. We are
currently working to address this (they'll become errors in the
Problems Panel).

With kind regards,

Mike