[rules-users] NullPointerException with factType.get(fact, "fieldname")

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 11:41:01 EDT 2014

Michael, I think the class is just incidentally named ValidationError.

The problem is in the "wiring" of the accessors into the FieldDefinition
(you see that "accessor=null" at the end of the toString in the failing
case).
This wiring is done by the PackageBuilder when the DRL is compiled, so
I suspect that there is a problem with the interaction of the data modeller
and the package builder..

Jarkko, thanks for reporting this, it really looks like a WB bug!
Could you please open a JIRA ticket?

Davide