[rules-users] Creating selection filter for PlanningEntity with 4 planning variables

maciekpob maciekpob at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Mar 18 06:24:46 EDT 2014

Hello again,

o) I completed the changes that you suggested last year concerning the issue
that I am encountering with opta planner with our application.

   Note that I have at most one or two planning entities in the Solution (in
my test case).

   Setting "cacheType=PHASE on UnionMoveSelector level" or "cacheType=STEP
on UnionMoveSelector level" results in:

   java.lang.IllegalStateException: The selector
(Union([ChangeMoveSelector(Filtering(FromSolutionEntitySelector(CloudPlacement)),
FromSolutionPropertyValueSelector(offeredCPU)),
ChangeMoveSelector(FromSolutionEntitySelector(CloudPlacement),
FromSolutionPropertyValueSelector(offeredDisk)),
ChangeMoveSelector(FromSolutionEntitySelector(CloudPlacement),
FromSolutionPropertyValueSelector(offeredMemory)),
ChangeMoveSelector(FromSolutionEntitySelector(CloudPlacement),
FromSolutionPropertyValueSelector(offeredVolume))]))'s non-last
childMoveSelector
(ChangeMoveSelector(Filtering(FromSolutionEntitySelector(CloudPlacement)),
FromSolutionPropertyValueSelector(offeredCPU))) has neverEnding (true) with
randomSelection (false).

   Setting cacheType=PHASE for each change move selector results in:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The selector
(Caching(ChangeMoveSelector(Filtering(FromSolutionEntitySelector(CloudPlacement)),
FromSolutionPropertyValueSelector(offeredCPU)))) has a childMoveSelector
(ChangeMoveSelector(Filtering(FromSolutionEntitySelector(CloudPlacement)),
FromSolutionPropertyValueSelector(offeredCPU))) with neverEnding (true).

o) Number of moves:

   I obtained the number of evaluated moves from solver and I obtain a
number above 7 000 000.

   I also added logs to the MoveFilter that I implement. Different values
are being proposed.

   But, the MoveFilter is repeatedly invoked (20 times) with the same set of
planning values.

   Since this set broke constraints the MoveFilter returns false each time.

   Then "bailing out error" occurs:

o) Change Move Filter configuration

   My planning entity CloudPlacement has four planning variables as
indicated in the included config file.

   I tried the modifications you suggested over this basic version.

   Could you please check that the configuration is correct?
2014.03.14_Config_file.xml
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4028776/2014.03.14_Config_file.xml>

Regards