[rules-users] Rules updating error

Ioannis Christodoulou io.christod at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 07:27:24 EDT 2014

In my java ee application, I use drools 6.1.0.Beta1, deployed on jboss eap
6.2 (I have also deployed Kie Workbench 6.0.1.Final).

In order to get the latest updates on my rules (made on kie wb) I tried to
set kiescanner to "LATEST". This seems to not be working always (I'm not
100% sure about the reason, it seems to happen when I have not re-deployed
the jar with the model classes I use in my rules, or I have not clicked on
build&deploy of the rules project), so I have reverted to using "1.0" as
the version and not changing the version when I update the rules project.

There is an issue with the application not validating, because I have a
guided decision table which uses a global variable and a function, but that
seems to not be an error after all (everything seems to build as it should).

However, while my application is running (and watching for updates through
scanner), if I make an update and deploy the rules project again, the
application retrieves the update and fails with a validation error about
not being able to analyse the expressions regarding the global function and
the global variable.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much.