[rules-users] Module in Nexus Never Found

david.berkman david.berkman at grenadefish.net
Thu Mar 20 23:17:46 EDT 2014

Creating a KieContainer with a ReleaseId to load a jar from a Nexus repo. The
ReleaseId has '-SNAPSHOT' coordinates. I know the jar exists in the repo,
that it can be accessed, and that it contains the appropriate .drl files,
because when I run my project from the command line, using the Maven exec
plugin...

mvn exec:java

...everything is fine, the jar is found and pulled, the artifacts appear in
the local .m2 repo, the rules get loaded, and I'm able to create and use a
KieSession. I can test the rules, and they work. All is well.

If I run my project in any other way, with the 'java ' command whilst
setting the classpath properly, using the Tanukisoft wrapper, etc. every bit
of code runs properly, all necessary jar files are available on the
classpath, but the KieScanner tells me it can't find the jar...

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot find KieModule:
com.mycompany:mymodule:1.0-SNAPSHOT
at
org.drools.compiler.kie.builder.impl.KieServicesImpl.newKieContainer(KieServicesImpl.java:86)

My home directory seems like it's set correctly and  is available from
properties as 'user.home', I can see a resolver-status.properties file
created at the proper place in the user's .m2/repository, so something knows
where the repo is, and has access to it. The resolver-status.properties
contains only...

#NOTE: This is an internal implementation file, its format can be changed
without prior notice.
#Fri Mar 21 02:31:03 UTC 2014
maven-metadata-local.xml.lastUpdated=1395369063564
maven-metadata-central.xml.lastUpdated=1395369063955
maven-metadata-central.xml.error=
maven-metadata-local.xml.error=

No luck, unless I use mvn exec:java, and then everything is fine. However,
our normal distribution methodology is not going to allow me to via Maven
this way.

Anyone happen to know what I'm missing so this will work executing the
'java' command? Some jar maven loads during exec that I'm not including as a
dependency? Anything?

All help appreciated,
David