[rules-users] Getting started

vvicky72 vvicky72 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 01:43:18 EDT 2014

I am a newbie to both Drools and Maven. I was asked to research how we can
build brms using drools. This is what I am trying

1) Setup a guided decision table using drools workbench.
This worked without much issues. I deployed the project ( pnd-1.1.pom
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4028927/pnd-1.1.pom>  )pom.xml
attached.

2) Setup a drools project in ecplise to execute the rule. To do this
a) I installed the Maven plugin in eclipse.
b) I copied the pom.xml create above to my drools project (Not sure if this
was the right thing to do).
c) I then ran Maven install using eclipse. That got the jar file pnd-1.1.jar
(kie wb project created using workbench).
d) I copied the following code to execute the rules
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4028927/DroolsTestClient.jpg>

*My first problem was that it would not find the bean (Data Model) that is
in the pnd-1.1.jar.* For the sake of moving forward, I recreated that class
in my drools project on eclipse.

This is how my project looks.
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4028927/Droolsproject.jpg>

*Now when I run it I get the error java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot find
KieModule: com.yrc.ops:pnd:1.1*

I am obviously missing something. But after reading several posts and
tutorials I am still unable to solve it. Please shed some light and help me
out.

Thanks.