[rules-users] Problem Itegrating Spring 3.2 with Drools 6.0.0

milen igrachev igrachev at abv.bg
Wed Mar 26 10:57:50 EDT 2014

   Hello,

   I experience a problem autowiring my KieSession object into my Controller field in Spring.

   I read the Spring integration configuration part of Drools documentation and edited my Spring

   configuration as adviced. However on deploying I receive one and the same well know exception:

    "org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No qualifying bean of type [org.kie.api.runtime.KieSession] found for dependency: expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire candidate for this dependency. Dependency annotations: {@org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.Autowired(required=true), @org.kie.api.cdi.KSession(name=, value=ksession-rules)}"

   My application's web.xml defines my spring configuration entries as follows:

         mvc-dispatcher

         mvc-dispatcher

         /

         contextConfigLocation

        /WEB-INF/beans.xml,

        /WEB-INF/security.xml,

        /WEB-INF/entityManager.xml

   As guided by Drools documentation I entered the following Drools configuration in my spring configuration (I try to put the bean both in mvc-dispatcher-servlet.xml configuration and in beans.xml the result is the same).

   I have this package

    "com.my.sample.drools.rulespackage"
 with
a simple and tested rule in it.

   In my Controller class I am trying to autowire the KieSession bean to a field as follows:

     @Controller

     @RequestMapping(value = "/")

     public class BaseController extends AbstractController {

        private static final Logger log = Logger.getLogger(BaseController.class);

        @Autowired

        @KSession("ksession-rules")

        KieSession mySession;

    }

   I tryed with @Inject instead of spring's @Autowire, the result is the same.

   I am using the following Drools dependencies with their versions:

drools-core - 6.0.0.FINAL; drools-compiler - 6.0.0.FINAL; kie-spring - 6.0.0.FINAL; (I am trying to keep it simple as my first integration try.)

   The spring version that I am using is 3.2.4.RELEASE.

   I debugged

    KModuleBeanFactoryPostProcessor
 and I can clearly see that an object tree with
KieModuleModelImpl,
KieBaseModelImpl,
KieSessionModelImpl,

   with the corresponding details that I entered in the configuration above (packages, name, type, etc.) is created!. However it seems that a KieSession bean is not registered
spring's container.

   What I do wrong? Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

   Milen