[rules-users] how to deploy rules

sravan k sravan008 at outlook.com
Fri Mar 28 05:35:31 EDT 2014

thanks !!

---Regards,Sravan.

From: stephen.masters at me.com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 09:24:12 +0000
To: rules-users at lists.jboss.org
Subject: Re: [rules-users] how to deploy rules

Assuming that you’re sticking to 5.0, you’ll need to code it yourself. The simplest way I found was to create a web service, with an operation which destroys your current sessions and knowledge bases, and reinitialises them. You should be able to re-use whatever code you already have for initialising the knowledge base.
This assumes that you store your rules separately. For the example above, I was using Guvnor, so reinitialising the knowledge base would go to Guvnor and load packages from a ‘live’ snapshot.
btw - I also tweaked the Guvnor HTML to embed a ‘deploy’ button, which would invoke the web service. This way the users could update their rules, create a ‘live’ snapshot and click ‘deploy’ to activate their changes.
Steve

On 25 Mar 2014, at 06:35, sravan k <sravan008 at outlook.com> wrote:Hi I am new to drools ,in current company we are using drools 5.0 .When ever we are creating a new rule or enabling or disabling a rule we are restarting the tomcat .is there any way for dynamic deployment ??
Kindly please suggest

---Regards,Sravan.