[rules-users] Drools 6 and OSGi

Florian Pirchner florian.pirchner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 11:49:26 EDT 2014

Hi,

today i started to setup Drools 6 in my OSGi container. But it seems
there are some issues that do not allow to run drools 6 (and jbpm) under
OSGi properly.

For instance:
JPAKnowledgeService
                 .newStatefulKnowledgeSession(kieBase, null, env);
will never find "org.drools.persistence.jpa.KnowledgeStoreServiceImpl"
since it is not in the scope of the current ClassLoader.

Tried to tie things up, but then there would be a cyclic dependency
between kie-internal and jbpm-persistence-jpa.

I also could see, that a ProjectClassLoader was added. I found a way to
put my current BundleClassLoader as its parent into play. This solves a
lot of class loading issues.

For me it seems, that Drools 6 was not designed to run in an OSGi
container. Is there ongoing work to integrate Drools and JBPM Version
6.x into OSGi environments properly?

--
Thanks for your answer
Florian Pirchner