[rules-users] Restrict size/resource usage of drools session

kurrent93 kurrent93 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 10:22:43 EDT 2014

Hi

We have an application where users write their own rules via a UI, and these
are then translated into drl, and run in a dedicated drools session. Each
user can have one or more sessions.

However, there are times when something goes wrong - say a rule starts
looping - and it consumes all the resources - the server is running at 100%
cpu, and it then effects all users.

I realize we can optimize the the generated rules to prevent such issues,
and we are working on this - however am interested to know if there are any
ways - such as somehow sandboxing / restricting the resources that a drools
session can use, so that should a rule cause problems, it will not effect
the other running drools sessions.

Thanks for any advice on this problem.