[rules-users] Rules don't execute using MVEL syntax in RHS - Possible Bug

jlprat jlprat at gmail.com
Mon May 12 06:28:44 EDT 2014

Hi,
I updated my test code to use your way of creating the Knowledge Base (using
KieBase) and I have the exact same results. Does anyone have an idea why
this is still failing?

Furthermore, I think the way I was initializing my rules is also supported
by Drools 6, because it's almost copied line by line from the Official
Drools API page:
https://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/6.0.1.Final/kie-api-javadoc/

/
A Typical example to load a rule resource.

KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();
kbuilder.add( ResourceFactory.newUrlResource( url ),
                      ResourceType.DRL );
if ( kbuilder.hasErrors() ) {
    System.err.println( builder.getErrors().toString() );
}

KnowledgeBase kbase = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newKnowledgeBase();
kbase.addKnowledgePackages( builder.getKnowledgePackages() );

StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession =
knowledgeBase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();
ksession.insert( new Fibonacci( 10 ) );
ksession.fireAllRules();

ksession.dispose();/

Best,