[rules-users] Excel Syntax in Decision Tables

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon May 12 10:37:38 EDT 2014

On 12/05/2014, crosbis2 <drpatrick.cosmo at gmail.com> wrote:
> <http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4029529/Capture.png>
>
> i'm still quite new to this i'm afriad.
>  I've been able to get every line except 7 and 9 to import and look the
> exact same in "view source".
>
> I don't understand "prefix the empty pattern to another pattern:"? Say i
> only have one ruleset?

In this case you can use a more elaborate workaround
    TaskTemplates(/*$param*/)
and use an 'X' in all the rows ;-) But are you sure you need a
decision table for a table without a decision?

> So it looks like if i don't enter a value in the "variable" cells the
> condition doesn't appear after import.

That's the whole point. - Are you sure you are using the right rule
authoring mehtod?

> if i write TaskTemplates : TaskTemplates in the constraint cell and say 0
> is
> the variable cell it imports correctly except for the unwanted 0. i.e.:
>
> TaskTemplates : TaskTemplates(0)
>
> if i don't enter a value in the "variable" cells the condition doesn't
> appear after import.
>
> TaskTemplates : TaskTemplates()
>
> same story applies with:
> TaskTemplate TaskTemplate1 = new TaskTemplate();

Note that you can combine several Java statements into a single cell.
Typically, there should be at least one value to be inserted into this
code snippet and so you have something to put into the cells below.