[rules-users] Workbench and GIT Repo High Availability

Zahid Ahmed zahid.ahmed at emirates.com
Tue May 13 02:56:39 EDT 2014

Hi,

We are in a process of setting up a centralized drools6 Workbench in our organization. This way we can keep our assets and artefacts in a central location. We will make this central Workbench clustered for high availability. I have a few queries in regard to clustering the Workbench.

Problem Statement

As workbench is using GIT, this means we need to have an enterprise level GIT repository where all the assets get stored for Workbench. As GIT is file-system based , it in turn, calls for a clustered GIT server within the organization. Our organization will prefer to have a private GIT repository hosted within office network which is highly available and wants to avoid any cost for GIT repository setup.

1.       I want to know how to make Workbench highly available , with GIT also Highly available. Is chapter# 18 VFS CLUSTERING is the answer to high available GIT and WORKBENCH both ? or is there any other way to make GIT repository highly available.

2.       Will ZooKeeper and Helix be enough to make the clustered environment for both Workbench with its GIT repo ?

Regards,
Zahid Ahmed